Friday 30 October 2015

Something Isn't Working


Was inspired, today, when I came across this guy's blog article, called 'Seven Things I Did to Reboot My Life'.

He writes

'I had this epiphany at the beginning of September: This thing that I’m doing? This series of choices I make every day? It isn’t working. I don’t like the way I feel, I don’t like the way I look, I don’t like the things I’m doing. Things need to change.'

To be honest, I've been feeling a little bit that way. Pretty much since the PhD. Something isn't working, and something needs to change.

I'm off to plan my own personal life reboot.

http://wilwheaton.net/2015/10/seven-things-i-did-to-reboot-my-life/


2 comments:

  1. Hello Cloud 9,

    I just wanted to let you know that I've been reading your blog for a while now and you are an absolute inspiration to me. It's as if I could be writing it, it's so uncanny. I'm coming up to submitting my PhD (hopefully in the first few months of the new year) and it has been the hardest, most draining thing I have ever done.Reading your blog has made me feel as though I'm not alone in my thinking and has been such a source of comfort. I've been reading the posts you wrote as you finished the PhD - reading them again and again to remind myself that it is possible and it will happen!!! Thank you!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Snow White!... Nice to hear from you. I'm delighted to hear that your PhD is nearly over!... It always feels impossible until it is actually over (I think that might be a Nelson Mandela quote). I hope you keep plugging away at it. Just think how awesome you are going to feel when it's over... Best of luck! X

      Delete