Monday 20 May 2013

How to get a job you love

Saw this on the internet today and thought of all of us PhD-haters, who are stuck doing something we don't like - but who, all too soon, will be released back into the job-hunting pool and will have the opportunity to do it right this time (or else screw up all over again; but we shall try NOT to do that). Here is how one person went about deciding 'what to do with life':

http://www.thedailymuse.com/job-search/how-i-figured-out-what-i-wanted-to-do-with-my-life/

It kind of inspired me. I no longer want to do pointless things with my life, or ones I don't enjoy.

In other news - I think my posts on here may have to become a bit less frequent, over the next few days and weeks. I need to crack on with this PhD. I'm getting the feeling that people are getting fed up with me. I'm using up too much money, exhausting the resources. I'm spending too long caressing this silly project when I just need to give it a good talking-to and then just send it out into the world to fend for itself.

Good luck, everyone! ...

No comments:

Post a Comment